God is so Good!

2010 has certainly started off with a bang. As I have been going through my paper pregnancy my brother and his beautiful wife have been going through pregnancy the old fashion way:) The whole family has been so excited to have 2 new precious babies join our family and in a matter of one week we did it all. On Tuesday, January 5th Mackenzie Blake joined our family and she is so adorable. Then exactly one week later on Tuesday, January 12th Russ and I received our referral for an infant boy(still not allowed to give much more info than that) and he is adorable too.

Baby Blake did have to go to the NICU at Vanderbilt so the days between the two were very full but she is home with her sweet brother Jax now and doing very well.

In regards to our process... we will now wait for a court date which generally takes place about 2 months after the referral call. We will be asking for many, many prayers that court will go well and that we will pass. If that were to happen the first time we would then be assigned travel dates that would be about 2-4 weeks after that. In other words we are still waiting and praying for a few more months. I do have a blog friend though that is going to Ethiopia the end of this month and has offered to take a care package for me!

Even though I can't share much info about our sweet baby boy I can tell you that we have two pictures, his medical file and how he got to the orphanage. We have the International Adoption Clinic at Vanderbilt reviewing his medical files and have a call with them at 10:30am today. Russ and I feel very strong that he is our child but we still want to know anything from a medical standpoint that we need to be prepared for. They have been great to work with and I would highly recommend them. We met with them the first week of December....we met with a pediatrician, occupational therapist and psychologist. It was very informative and a bit overwhelming at the same time. When we received the referral I sent the medical information on to them about 1:30pm and by 9:30pm that same night we had a report back from the pediatrician. They have been so great to work with and I look forward to my call with them today.

I am still smiling from ear to ear although all this excitement caught up with me and I have a head cold that started yesterday. Normally, that would be no big deal but right now it keeps me from hugging and kissing on my sweet Blake so I am drinking about a gallon of orange juice and trying to rest and get well fast.

Not sure how any month in 2010 can compare with this first one but I am going to just hold on and see....
God's love and power is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! Can't wait to hear all the details about your new son!