6.17.2009

The Infamous Fingerprint Appt.

For anyone else who might be reading this and new to the adoption process let me explain the fingerprint appt. I had heard it was a big deal so when my social worker had me go in Murfreesboro to an office and I walked right in, got fingerprinted and walked out I must admit I thought what is the big deal? Well, that was for the state of TN check.....not the Federal fingerprint appt that is sent to the FBI. While in Branson we received a letter from USCIS that we were to appear at a certain office on June 16th at 11:00am. Wow- no window of time, option of dates, etc. you show up when they say.....you cannot even bring your phone into their building and it was a very formal procedure. Still just took my fingerprints (2-3 of each finger and then all fingers together) but I must say now I understand the big deal. So, Russ and I are officially in the FBI system and being checked out!

Also working on getting our reference letters sent in.....three for the social worker and home study and then three for the dossier. I have such dear friends that are willing to do this for us and I know they are all so busy. Thank you guys.

Branson was interesting....a very long way from Murf. TN. The kids had a nice time at camp and Caroline and I had so much fun just hanging out for a week. This week brings baseball camp for Cole, art class for Caroline and we are keeping Jax from Mon-Wed. We absolutely love having him and it has really been easy. I guess it is probably good for us to get a taste of four!

I am still working on paperwork this week........medical forms and then some Hague training. Loving being home this summer with the kiddos - they are such a joy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment