6.05.2009

What a week!

It has been a very full week on the adoption front. I have been trying to send in paperwork left and right to get as much done as possible before I head out of town for a week. Our last vist by our social worker was Wednesday night and boy was I uptight. It went very well....Bethany checked out the house and had conversations with each of the kids individually. I got a notice that the USCIS had received our paperwork (which is one of the lengthy processes) so things are under way.

It has also been a hard week though. Russ had a conversation with his parents about the adoption on Wednesday and it did not go well. They love him so much and are so worried about the stress this may put on him. They asked to speak with me and him on Friday and I was then a nervous wreck about that. We met with them tonight and they shared their concerns, worries, issues, etc. I tried to explain to them our journey and how God is leading us to this child of ours. They listened and tried to understand. I hope that they will accept our decision and be part of this incredible journey with us. Russ really wants and needs their love and support and I would certainly like it also. The meeting went well and it was nice to be able to sit down and talk about something we didn't necessarily agree on and discuss it in a loving way. Please continue to pray for us, for the Connelly's and for my family. We are a very close knit family and desire to go through this pregnancy just like our others.

Headed off to Branson tomorrow to take the kids to camp. Caroline and I are staying up there and going to do a mommy and me camp/fun time. I would love to think that this time next year there would be another little Connelly but I try not to get my hopes up too high. I am so in love with God, with our child who is not with us yet and with my family - I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment