10.26.2009

Waiting Mailing #1

Any communication from our agency always gets me very excited. Today I received an email that was titled Waiting Mailing #1. I am assuming since I have not received any correspondence since 8/20 that this means we have moved from one point to another in their system.........small step but still one worth getting excited about. I don't know how many mailings there are or how often they may come but this first one is on transracial and transcultural adoptions.



Russ and I attended the Fellowship 686/Ethiopian group get together yesterday. It was so fun to see all the children who have come home and hear their wonderful stories. The get together reminded me of the song Jesus loves the little children........ red and yellow, black and white they are precious in his site.....was truly the picture on the playground.



God has placed the following (very common) story on my heart the past several days. It is one of my favorites buy I am not sure why it keeps coming into my thoughts so regularly the past few days. I can only guess that maybe someone else is needing to hear it or it is suppose to be part of our story. Here goes

The Starfish Story
One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the oean. Approaching the boy he asked, "What are you doing?" The youth replied, " Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them back, they will die."
"Son", the man said "don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can't make a difference!"
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, " I made a difference for that one."

I just love that story. Everyone can make a difference!

Have a great week,

No comments:

Post a Comment